10 May 2015
Managing Your Stress, part 2
(This article is continued from Managing your stress, part 1)
So how can you calm your body down?
Take an assessment of your stress level. If you would like more in-depth information, I have a whole chapter and week dedicated to this in my GIFT package and coaching seminar.
Here are some things you can start today:
- Explore relaxation or mediation apps. I have been experimenting with the Headspace app and I cannot believe what a difference those 10 minutes make.
- Track your body’s response to stress. Notice what your triggers are. What causes your brain to start panicking?
- Support your cortisol levels through various supplements such as Rhodiola and Ashwaganda.
- Maximize your sleep and sleep habits.
- Deep breathing. Never underestimate the power of 5 deep breaths when you start feeling your heart rate increase.
- Consider the Mind-Body Tool Kit to get a better understanding of how your mind and body work together.
Pick one thing to work on this week and make it a priority. Maybe it is as simple as taking a deep breath every time you get that flutter in your stomach or maybe it is downloading that new calendar app you have been meaning to get. It doesn’t matter what it is, just pick one thing and write it down on a post-it note and stick it on your bathroom mirror. At the end of the week, cross it off and experience that wonderful feeling of accomplishment.
Now go do it.
Go change the way your body responds to stress.